Sunday, June 07, 2009

I Almost Lost My Shorts!





Joe and I have been lucky enough to have the time -and the weather- to go kayaking for the past two weekends. It's the first time I've been in the ocean in our little boat, and it's been a great time! We drove out to our clamming spot to launch and paddled our way out to an island a short distance.

We decided to take a break once we reached the island since the wind had become so strong. The tide was out, and we found a sand bar connecting our island with another small island. They were both quite small, but there were lots of tide pools filled with fish and other small critters.



After wandering around a bit, we headed back to our kayak, thinking the tide had probably come up a ways and might be approaching the height to which we had dragged our kayak on the shore.

Boy were we lucky we returned when we did. Our kayak, which had been a few feet out of the water, was floating in the water, held in place only by a few clumps of seaweed that were blocking its path. I had laid my shorts over the nose of the boat to dry while we wandered around and I nearly lost them. They were sunk in the water a few feet away...good thing it was warm enough to paddle home in just my bathing suit!



1 comment:

Michael said...

love it. Yay for summer!!