Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back to Reality

I returned from vacation a few days ago with renewed energy, although you wouldn't know it because of something else I brought back with me: a rather unpleasant cold. After an unbelievably freezing Friday morning raft trip, I managed to catch a cold that just won't leave me alone. No amount of Tylenol or sleep has been able to do anything more than simply keep it at bay. Ah well, I suppose we must take the bad with the good.

Since I've had this nasty cold, I haven't felt up to the task of sorting through the 400+ photos I took out west, and thus, have no pretty pictures to share with you today. What I can share is the fact that I absolutely love Wyoming. Now that's not to say I'd want to move there, because let's face it, I don't think I'd survive the winters, but I would love to visit on a regular basis.

I am also pleased to say that this was the most relaxing, albeit physically exhausting, vacation I can recall. I made a serious effort to not stress over what we were doing every day or making sure we did everything. I tried really hard to just sit back and simply go with the flow--of course this was made a bit easier since everyone else knew the area while I did not. I tend to have a hard time relinquishing control of the situation, but for once, I enjoyed doing so. Immensely. Now I just need to make an effort to apply that attitude to my everyday life! Yay self-improvement!

While in Jackson, we got one of those cheesy, old-timey photos taken. I've always wanted one, and I was excited to hear that we could do that. So while I have no pictures of the mountains or the antelope, I do have pictures of us dressed up like characters from a western, which may not be as visually "pretty" but are certainly entertaining in their own right. --Please be sure to note the moustaches you might not get to see them again--



No comments: