Monday, April 05, 2010

Hup!



The past two weekends have apparently been a struggle for mother nature. It was around 19 degrees two weeks ago and within seven days it had risen to about 65. Unfortunately for Joe and Pete, the first canoe race of the season was two weeks ago. Being the troupers they are, they went ahead and took part in the race in spite of the weather, paddling their butts off to stay warm. In the end, they both claimed to not be cold while I, on the other hand, was frozen, shivering on the bridges, watching them paddle by. And to add insult to injury, I got a serious sunburn that I was not expecting.










The next weekend brought another sunburn, but I suppose I deserved that one since it was bright and sunny. I actually joined in on the race that day and paddled down the river with Pete while Joe and Brian followed behind. It was surprisingly easy -- no one fell in and my arms weren't even tired after paddling for an hour! It was definitely a fun time made even better by a picnic on the water afterward.




No comments: