Sunday, January 10, 2010

Finish off the checklist? Check!



This weekend has been both productive and eventful for us. Joe took the GRE on Saturday (and got a better score than last time! Yay!) while I stayed home to work on my web design lessons and start painting the ice shanty. I had planned to start airbrushing as well, but it was much colder than I had anticipated and by the time I was on my second can of primer paint, it began coming out like silly string instead of spray paint....Yikes! Needless to say, I called it quits for the day.

Today started with a rather large to-do list that actually was completed before 6:00 today. Our shower now has a new sealant on the floor--I can't tell you how much better it looks!--the fireplace is cleaned, as is the stove, and kitchen walls and basement steps. Plus Joe used his new jerky gun and made some beef jerky along with the pulled pork he'd been cooking since Saturday night. And that's only about half of our list! Needless to say, I feel more accomplished today than I have in a very long time.

I also just signed up for the next course in web design. I've decided to take a total of four courses, and hopefully, that should teach me all I need to know in order to build just about any website I could possibly want. I have a feeling I'm going to need to put some of my skills to use pretty soon since the gallery is getting a new website and it doesn't seem to be going well. So not only will I get to use my skills to finally clean up and fix my own website, I'll get to work on sprucing up the gallery's site as well!

No comments: