Sunday, June 20, 2010

Is it Friday yet?



...because I'm exhausted!

Yesterday was a particularly long and exhausting day at the paper. I'm not sure if the heat seeped inside me and sucked out all of my energy or if it was just the perfect storm of late ads and odd shaped stories, but I caught myself wanted to get up and walk away numerous times. On the positive, thumbing through my printouts is still extremely gratifying. I feel so accomplished knowing that I can put together an entire newspaper on my own--that's not something most people can say.

Website building is turning out to be incredibly gratifying as well. I'm impressed with how much I actually learned from my online courses. Simply perusing other websites and checking out their code is turning out to be not only helpful but kind of fun as well! It's definitely challenging to build a website from scratch, especially since I don't know a single person familiar with CSS and XHTML, but so far I've managed to solve every problem I've encountered with a little bit of concentration and a few deep breaths. Here's about where I'm at so far...well one of the versions anyway. I've actually got three different versions going at once so I can play with different gallery styles and decide which one I like best. I'll probably be soliciting opinions on functionality and aesthetics a little bit further down the road. For now, here's what I've got! Hopefully I'll have some time to do some work tonight...got get this baby up so I can get myself a job!

No comments: