Sunday, August 10, 2008

Move Over Betty Crocker!

I baked a pie. That's right...I did it. And you know what, it tastes pretty darn good if I do say so myself. Aside from the fact that when I lifted out the first piece, the filling gushed into the whole to fill the space like some dark indigo pond, hungrily gobbling up extra land to add to its inky darkness, it turned out rather well. I'm pleased with my first attempt. Maybe I'll go pick some blueberries in the park today and make a second attempt with the help of Joe's mom. --Yes yes...the two and a half week marathon of visitors has begun! yay! --I have lots I'd like to share, but for now, I must run to the farmer's market (me too Michael!) I'll leave you with a picture of my pie :) Too bad I can't let you have a taste as well.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Haha, your crust is so artsy. Is that a starfish?

Do you have starfish over there? We have them all over the coast here...bright orange and purple ones!

Michael said...

I just made meringues for the first time last night, like Wesley's pavlova!

Got your post card. Loved it! I don't think I have your mailing address though.