Friday, October 17, 2008

He Llegado!

Hello from Colombia!

That's right...I have arrived! The internet is really spotty, so I'm going to keep this post short, but I thought I'd just send out a little hello and say that I made it safely! The city is really remarkable, and I'm excited to go do some more exploring today. Yesterday was a bit of a lazier day since I arrived at 5am after only about 4 hours of sleep. I surprisingly made it until about 10 or 11, but we just walked around La Candeleria for the day, so I didn't do anything too strenuous.

I'll try to post at least a few updates while I'm here, but I'm not sure how it'll all work with pictures and the internet posing as slight obstacles. We shall have to see!

On a quick note, to all of those who have asked--which there have been many--my spanish is actually coming back to me rather nicely. I have yet to run into any major difficulties in both speaking and understanding. Hopefully this means that my language skills will simply improve during my trip instead of requiring the time to resurface and then leaving me with no time to improve. Yay me!

Hopefully I'll have more for you soon!

No comments: