Sunday, October 05, 2008

The Sun Is Shining



Today was one of those days that you wish would go on forever. Well, maybe not. I suppose without the more mundane and unpleasant days, ones like these wouldn't seem as pleasant.

Nothing particularly exciting or fantastic happened, but I think that was exactly the point. I had the entire day off work after a string of 12 hour work days. That was point number one for the good day side. I slept in until 11, with no electronic assistance I might add, and went for a bike ride through the park with Joe. The leaves are changing, the air was crisp, and the sun graced us with rays requiring sunglasses.

After the bike ride and a shower, we went down town, did a bit of quick shopping and errands, got some groceries, and spent the rest of the day at home, cooking and relaxing. I made caramel apple cupcakes and then we fondued shrimp and chicken. It was great. And the best thing is the thought of being able to have a lot more of those days when I return from Colombia. The gallery is closing at the end of the month, and that means I'll have weekends off. Yay! My hours at the paper are also cutting down to 30 a week, so I'll have Wednesdays off and a short Thursday and Friday. The thought of having days to relax and work on my own projects is thrilling. In case you couldn't tell, I'm excited. I'm going to Colombia in a week and a half, and when I return, I get to relax...while still working. What could be better!











1 comment:

Michael said...

Wow, your fall colors are amazing.

Today was our first really cloudy, never-ending-rain kind of day. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and it makes staying inside, working on art projects more enjoyable.

I'm curious to see how our environments are going to affect our color palettes. Everything is much more muted and gray...

Ah! I can't believe you're going to Columbia so soon! I can't wait to read all about it.