Sunday, October 11, 2009

Golden Delicious!

Yesterday Joe and I finally had the time to go apple picking! I was getting a bit nervous that'd we'd never get the chance to go and that we'd miss the season completely (like we did with strawberries and raspberries) but I'm so glad we waited until now. The apples were perfect! They were all perfectly ripe and the trees were absolutely loaded! Some of the branches were resting on the ground from the weight of all the apples they were holding. I'm guessing the rain helped the harvest and maybe we weren't the only ones who didn't make it out at the beginning of the season because there were definitely a lot more apples left on the trees than there were when we went picking last year. A few of the trees had even dropped what looked like an entire tree's worth of apples on the ground and still managed to have full branches!

It was an absolutely gorgeous afternoon and I'm now spending my time looking up delicious recipes to try. Of course we wound up with a rather large number of apples, so I'm excited to get the chance to try out lots of new recipes with them!







No comments: