Thursday, October 22, 2009

Stick it in!

This past weekend Joe and I took a little road trip with our friends Michael and Kallie down to Connecticut for the UConn football game. It was great to get away for the weekend and not have to worry about anything! The car ride was a bit long, but we had Kallie and Michael's dog Austin to keep us entertained. He's absolutely adorable, and we learned on the way home that he really loves pumpkin flavor. Joe found out the hard way, having to guard his pumpkin blizzard from sneak attacks!

We had a great time checking out the UConn campus and finally seeing a football game for the first time in the past year. It's a completely different atmosphere down there, but it was a lot of fun. I've never done the official tailgate thing and I enjoyed the "back of a pickup and under a tent" feel. I also had a fun time learning their chants and cheers and such. There was no cowbell, but their red zone chant was pretty priceless! "Stick it in! Stick it in! Stick it in!" Wonder who came up with that one?!?!

Their stadium is obviously a fraction of what Joe and I are used to, but the backdrop of orange and yellow trees more than made up for anything else we might have missed. I was really lax with my picture taking, but here's a couple of the ones I did manage to snap.





No comments: