Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lost and Found

Having two cameras is rather confusing. You wouldn't think so (I mean it's only two!), but it is. At least it is for me anyway. I try to keep my point and shoot nearby for those spontaneous photo ops and only take my slr when I've got particular things in mind. The system itself works, but I always manage to forget when I have photos on one or the other camera.

The point of my story is this: I found some pictures from probably a month ago on my slr. Joe and I had taken a drive down to Gouldsboro to visit the Bartlett Winery. I've been trying to get over there ever since we moved here and finally found an afternoon. The wine was delicious and the weather was rather pleasant, so we decided to extended our merry little jaunt and drive around Schoodic Point while we were in the neighborhood. Neither of us had been there before and I must say I was rather impressed with the views. The majority of the drive is along the water and the sun was intermittently hiding behind a small group of clouds, providing a sparkling reflection on the water below. Needless to say, I snapped some pictures which were completely forgotten until now.

Normally I would simply post them and pretend it wasn't so long ago, but I realize that it's now fall and the lack of orange or red leaves would give my tardiness away. --actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure I'm going to post the pictures that have trees in them, so this explanation is pretty much moot, but I don't feel like deleting it.

So there you have it. A long explanation to accompany a solitary photo.

No comments: