Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mr Frog

There's this great photo of a frog posted on my bulletin board at work. If you look at the rest of the board, there are random spread sheets and print offs, server numbers and business cards, and then in the bottom right corner there's just this great photograph of a frog coming out of the water. Looking at the image, I can't help but wonder how its home came to be among a clutter of office information. the fortune cookie tag posted beneath my computer screen reading "Don't panic." I can understand. Even the sticker pinned next to my desk that read as follows...
I can get as a humorous poke at my job and its "tools." But the frog...I just can't grasp.


While pondering this bright green fellow, I find myself wondering about the woman who previously held my position. It's strange beginning a job after your predecessor has long since been gone. I'm left to learn in out-of-town offices with other people who hold the same position for different papers. and sitting at my desk, previously her desk, I'm not left with much. I know she moved away with her boyfriend, but to where? I don't know. I know she was in a bit of a rush, but I don't know why. I'm simply left with her desk and a smattering of papers, her computer files and notes, and the photo of the green frog.

1 comment:

Michael Liang said...

Sorry I missed your call tonight. I'll be on the road tomorrow-thursday , so I may call when I hit a particularly boring stretch of interstate driving.

Hope you had a fun weekend!