Monday, May 12, 2008

A Tale of Two Lobsters

Yesterday was one of the first days I felt like I was actually a citizen of Bar Harbor. I had a semi job interview/meeting with a woman who owned a local gallery, met her daughter and a local jewelry artist. Then Joe and I went out on an adventure to find some muscles to cook with the lobsters he had bought for dinner. We found ourselves a small local beach and wandered along the shoreline, collecting muscles that had washed up near the shore. It was approaching high tide, so there weren't many, but we found enough to make a meal. I tried to piece together a bit of a panorama of the scenery to share...It was so beautiful and I'm still so surprised that I actually live here.





Upon returning home, Joe and I checked out our lobsters and chose one for our meal...poor guy didn't even see it coming...





We had ourselves a fantastically fresh and seafood filled meal of steamed muscles, grilled shrimp, and boiled lobster. And I have to admit, with a little of bit of garlic butter--homemade by me I might add--it was all pretty tasty. I think I'm actually going to be able to get used to the "island cuisine". Who would have thought? Certainly not me!





After dinner, we attempted a bike ride. Well I suppose I should say that I attempted and Joe went. I have to say that I have never felt so out of shape in my life. Apparently my body is not built for bike riding. I have a lot of training to do in order to master this hilly terrain. Baby steps...

Not much else to chat about at the moment. I'm playing housewife for the day and trying to clean up the homestead. Mostly I've got boxes and boxes of art supplies that need to be unpacked and I've been putting it off for far too long. Well today is the day!

No comments: