Monday, September 01, 2008

Fondue...or Fon Don't?



Bad joke. I know.

I got a fondue pot from my brother for my birthday...Yay! I've always been fascinated with the idea of dipping bite-size pieces of meat and bread into a pot of boiling oil or bubbling cheese. I do love cheese.

Joe and I tried it out immediately and I have to say it was everything I had hoped for. We had an array of tasty sauces for the meat and a pesto, brie dip for bread and veggies. Fantastic! And surprisingly enough, Joe loves it too--maybe more than I do. I guess it's something about the pile of raw meat you start out with that appeals to his male instincts, but either way, he enjoyed it.



I have yet to try the melted chocolate portion-shocked? me too- but I thought the cheese and meat were a bit more practical. And of course...I try to be practical.

Food really has seemed to take over my life these days. Cooking occupies my free time and keeping a variety of foods and meals keeps my life entertaining. Is that weird? When my weekly meals repeat themselves too frequently, I get antsy. I need variety in my life, and when I can't get it in my job or schooling (or lack ther of at this point), I get it from the food I eat. Go figure.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I LOVE CHEESE FONDUE! I haven't had it for awhile, though every now and then, when I make a white pasta sauce with wine and Parmesan cheese, it always ends up tasting like fondue. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing of course.

Let me know how the chocolate one goes. My family had a tradition where we would have both a cheese AND chocolate fondue to celebrate Valentines Day. Try it with angel food cake, big marshmallows and, of course, strawberries.