Saturday, September 27, 2008

Leaves and Fog



It's officially fall. The trees are changing, and I've been to the orchard. My fridge is full of apple crisp, applesauce, and of course just plain apples. I've also got apples softening in the crock pot as we speak which will soon become apple butter...Tasty.











This morning Joe and I drove off the island to pick my car up from the shop and we got a glimpse of some of the truly beautiful trees that line Rte 1. There's still a lot of green around, but the more anxious leaves are starting to show their colors. The peak of colors should come in the next two or three weeks, and I can't imagine what they'll look like then if they already look this gorgeous now. The grey skies and drizzly fog just add to the beauty of the ambiance.

Joe informed me this morning that we're under a hurricane watch. Apparently Kyle has made his way up the coast and is supposed to give us a bit of a storm this weekend. It's nothing worrisome, and I'm actually okay with a bit of a rain storm.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Yeah, the fall colors are starting to show here, but it's much more muted than the midwest/east coast. We just have too many evergreens. Which I guess is a good thing in the middle of winter instead of empty branches...

Isn't it strange to experience fall in another part of the country than Michigan? It makes it more real that we've graduated and it's no longer summer vacation, but real life!