Monday, September 15, 2008

Ouch!

Today I had an extremely debilitating headache. I'm talking awful. Not quite migraine status, but pretty close. I stayed in bed for an extra two hours and drove into work for the first time in months. I was honestly a little worried that I might not make it to work if I had to walk. Monday's aren't days I can call in sick. Tuesday's aren't either. There's no one else to do my job in the office, and without a head's up, there's no way to get all the ad orders down to someone else who can do my job.

Thankfully, with the help of some advil, and then some more advil, my headache subsided enough to make it through the day and even leave me with the energy and drive to cook something for dinner. All morning I thought of nothing but crawling home and into bed with a big bowl of french onion soup, but half way through the day I started looking at recipes online and couldn't help myself. I settled on a ricotta and bacon pasta, to which I decided to add some chicken. I cheated a bit and got one of those rotisserie chickens from the store, but I figured I was allowed some cheating since I'd felt terrible all day, plus I find them pretty tasty. So I made some tasty dinner...and I feel content.

I actually wanted to cook some sort of dessert, but there are still a couple of white-chocolate raspberry bars hiding in the fridge form my last cooking endeavor, so I decided to hold off. Although I think I might dig into something either tomorrow or Wednesday.

I'm also looking forward to a trip to the mall this weekend. I missed the whole "back to school shopping" and I'm just dying for some new fall clothes. Plus I could use some cute flats and whatever else I might find! Come on...I've been so good about shopping. Mostly because there's no where to really shop around here, but still. I think I deserve to indulge myself just a little bit.

Now I think it's time for some goat's milk gelato - my latest purchase from this weeks farmer's market. I wanted something still summery and light, and lemon zest gelato sounded perfect!

1 comment:

Michael said...

Honestly, I'm finding myself with bad headaches at least once a week. I think it has something to do with my diet or inconsistent life right now (dividing my week between the national park and living in Seattle).

I know exactly how you feel, especially about french onion soup!! My fav. Though it hasn't been cold enough for it yet (it was 82 today).

Ps. You're offically a foodie.