Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Is This A Fake?

It's official.

I'm a Maine-r.

Joe and I got our new Maine drivers licenses in the mail the other day. I now have the lobster license plates and the incredibly fake looking Maine ID. Has anyone seen one of these licenses before? They're rather ridiculous. It looks extremely fake. And I'm not kidding here. I'm genuinely surprised that there isn't a big market out there for making fake, Maine IDs. I've seen fake IDs that look more convincing than this. The back is almost blank save for some bar coding, and the front has an over-exposed photo of me and a pink and orange sunset banner across the top that says "Where America's Day Begins". Kind of cute I suppose. There's one strip of a hologram across the middle, but apart from that, unless there's something I'm missing, this is pretty simple. I can't wait to go back to Michigan and have someone card me and insist that this is fake. It's bound to happen.


Anywho...that's all for the moment I suppose. I'm currently making a list of "Things I Must Do Before Next Year". Maybe I'll share that with you later...

For now I'll simply say that I love Wednesdays. The only two shows I actually follow on TV are on tonight--Project Runway, and America's Next Top Model. Yay for indulgent television night!

No comments: